Have writing on this topic? We would love to see it!
Deadline: May 31, 2021 at 11:59:59PM
Submissions for this issue may be emailed or mailed. Emailed submissions still need to follow the submission guidelines. International submissions accepted.
Emailed submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Roots & Routes
Want to send a hard copy? Please see our physical format guidelines. https://www.prairiefire.ca/submissions/
Please Note: Only those selected for the issue will be contacted.
THE COVER LETTER
The cover letter should be typed. Be sure to include the following:
***Please state in your cover letter that you are submitting to Roots & Routes”***
- a two- or three-sentence biographical statement (with your pronouns);
- your full mailing address, e-mail address and phone number;
- the title(s) of the piece(s) you are submitting;
- the genre of the piece(s) you are submitting (poetry, fiction, non-fiction).
- Let us know if you are just starting to send out your work.
- Send a maximum of three poems OR one story per submission and send only one submission at a time. Please do not send more than one of each type of submission.
- Maximum length for fiction and creative non-fiction: 5000 words.
- Prairie Fire does not accept previously published work.
- We ask that you let us know if your work is also submitted elsewhere, and, if it is accepted, to notify us right away.
- Your submission should be typed (double-spaced) on one side of the page only. Poetry may be single-spaced.
- Margins of at least 1.5 inches should surround all copy.
- Each page of poetry must contain your name and address at the top left.
- For fiction and creative non-fiction, centre the title halfway down on the first page, with your name below it. Include a word count at the top right corner of the first page and your address at the top left corner. Make sure your pages are numbered.