Please see below for printable version of the contest rules. If you have any questions, please email us.
- Entry fee: $32. This entitles you to a one-year (4 issues) subscription to Prairie Fire magazine. Make cheque or money order payable to Prairie Fire and enclose with your entry.
• One fiction entry consists of one story, maximum 10,000 words.
• One poetry entry consists of 1, 2, or 3 poems, maximum 150 lines.
• One creative non-fiction entry consists of one article, maximum 5,000 words.
- Deadline for all contest entries: November 30, 2016.
- Do not identify yourself on your entry. Enclose a cover sheet with your name, address, telephone number, the title(s) of your piece(s) and word count (prose) or line count (poetry). On occasion, Prairie Fire Press makes subscriber names and addresses available to external organizations. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please state this clearly on your cover sheet.
- Your entry must be typed on 8 1/2″ x 11″ white paper and clipped, not stapled. Prose must be double-spaced. No faxed or e-mailed submissions, please.
- Entries will not be returned. If you wish to be informed of contest results, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Each piece must be original, unpublished, not submitted elsewhere for publication or broadcast, nor accepted elsewhere for publication or broadcast, nor entered simultaneously in any other contest or competition for which it is also eligible to win a prize.
- You may enter as often as you like; only your first entry in each category will be eligible for a subscription.
- Winning pieces will be published in Prairie Fire magazine, with authors paid for publication.
Send entries to:
Prairie Fire Contests
423-100 Arthur St.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1H3